Iwachu, located in Morioka Prefecture, Japan, has been one of the most well known and respected manufacturers of modern Nanbu ironware. Today, craftsmen at Iwachu pay respect to this tradition by infusing each Iwachu product with precision handcraftsmanship throughout the manufacturing process. The production process of making Tetsubin usually consists of 64 to 68 steps. At Iwachu, most of this process is still done by hand and quality is strictly maintained and controlled by a master craftsman known as a "kamashi". It requires at least 15 years to become a full-fledged craftsman, and 30-40 years to become a "kamashi". CARE & MAINTENANCE FOR CAST IRON TEAPOT
1. Before using your teapot for the first time :
- thoroughly rinse the teapot with hot water
- while the pot is still warm, dry the teapot inside and out with a dry cloth
- then leave the teapot so the inside is well aired
2. When using your teapot always note the following :
- never heat over a naked flame
- never use in a microwave oven
- do not use any washing-up product to clean the teapot, use clean water ONLY
- do not leave any tea or water in the pot and dry thoroughly after each time you use it
- always wipe the outside with a dry cloth while the pot is still warm
- avoid contact with salt or oil
- never suddenly cool the teapot when it is still warm
- the inside of the teapot is glazed ,so choose kitchen utensils that do not scratch the glaze.
By doing so you will be assured years of enjoyment from this teapot.
Dimensions: 16cm by 14cm by Height 14.5cm Weight 1.46Kg Volume - 0.65L Teapot in Maple Leaf Design. Comes with Stainless Steel Strainer and Enamel coated interior. Colour - Silver Grey Not for direct Fire and IH
Made in Japan
Shipping And Returns
Local Delivery & Collection
Free local delivery with minimum $200 purchase. Delivery will be made within 3 working days, upon confirmation of orders unless otherwise stated. Orders received after 6pm will be processed on the following day.
Maximum 10 local delivery locations in one order – free delivery fee entitlement based on average $150 purchase for every location.
Click & Collect service is available at TANGS at Tang Plaza, Click & Collect Counter B1 or TANGS VivoCity, Customer Service Counter L1. Please present your Order Confirmation Receipt to collect your merchandise.
Return & Exchange
We accept exchange, returns or refund within 30 days of purchase except TANGS Gift Card, Food (seasonal), Hamper, Pre-order, Workshop and Services. Merchandise must be in original condition and packaging together with the Order Confirmation Receipt.
Local purchases can only be returned at our TANGS at Tang Plaza, Click & Collect Counter B1 or TANGS VivoCity, Customer Service Counter L1. We do not accept any local returns through mail.
Refund credit will be in the form of TANGS Credit Vouchers. Customers are also required to return any free gift(s) and samples received from the purchase.For more information and overseas delivery, please refer to Delivery & Collection and Return & Exchange
|Terms and Conditions
All items presented on the list are subjected to availability. The management reserves the rights to replace unavailable items with items of equal or lower value.
All decorations and props not listed as hamper contents are for display purposes only.
Indication of the weight and serving portion are based on estimations.