Welcome to the TANGS kitchen where cooking can be a breeze! Discover how easy and quick it is to whip up even the most complicated dishes with the right tools. Guess who’s cooking with TANGS in this episode? It’s Auntie Winnie from KitchenAid!
With Chinese New Year approaching, we will start off our very first series with the top 3 searches for Chinese New Year recipes: Pineapple Tarts, 盆菜 Pen Cai and 年糕 Nian Gao.
Join her and Chef Ming as they team up together to make the pineapple jam and pastry from scratch in 3 different designs! (You can smell her aromatic bakes before you even see her!!)
Homemade Pineapple Tart Recipe by Auntie Winnie from KitchenAid
Serves estimated 50 pieces
• 1 whole pineapple, sliced
• 3 pieces of clove
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 piece of star anise
• 1 egg yolk
• Sugar, 150g
• Salted butter, 250g
• Plain flour, 400g
• Slice the pineapple
• Blend the sliced pineapple in the KitchenAid Stand Blender for 30 seconds
• Transfer the blended pineapple to the KitchenAid Saucepan
• Cook the pineapple under medium heat until caramelised and shiny
• Set aside to cool down
• Combine the butter and flour in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer
• Mix until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
• Transfer the mixture into container and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes
• Roll the pineapple fillings and the pastry into balls of 8g and 12g, respectively
• Complete the pineapple tart to your preferred shape
Click to shop KitchenAid.