Our Committment to Data Protection
C.K. Tang Limited ("TANGS") Data Protection Policy ("DPP") governs the management of Personal Data which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) ('The Act") and or any advisories or regulations issued from time to time by the Data Protection Commission ("the Commission"). Any reference to a Data Protection Officer ("DPO") refers to the Office of Data Protection. Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
TANGS may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our website at https://www.tangs.com. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
- By interacting with us, visiting our Stores, submitting information to us, or signing up for any Goods and Services offered by us, including signing up for any of our loyalty or rewards program such as the TANGS Membership, you agree and consent to TANGS (including its related corporations and business units) (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives and/or agents (collectively referred to herein as "TANGS", "us", "we" or "our") collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to the Companies' authorised goods and service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
- You are also deemed to have given your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- When you voluntarily provide your Personal Data to us;
- When you are aware of the purposes for which you are providing your Personal Data to us;
- It is reasonable for you to have provided the Personal Data to us in the circumstances; and
- In any other circumstances where consent is deemed under Act.
- This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to TANGS in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which to any of the Companies may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
- In this Data Protection Policy, "Personal Data" refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
- Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport, employment pass or other identification number, telephone number(s), physical mailing address, email address, payment information (e.g., credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date), network data and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms (including physical and electronic forms) you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you. The list is not exhaustive and apart from personal data above, we may collect other types of information which is not linked to a specific individual and is anonymous such as, website visitors and number of website users using a particular service in order to improve our customer service to you.
Collection of Personal Data
- Generally, TANGS collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit an application form or other forms relating to any of our Goods and Services, including applying for the TANGS Membership, making reservations for, alteration to and/ making delivery arrangements for Goods and Services,
- when you interact with our customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- when you use some of our services, for example, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service officers;
- during CCTV recordings when you visit our Stores;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them; and
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
- TANGS uses social media sites (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc) to communicate with her customers. As TANGS has no control over your Personal Data that may be collected by these sites, TANGS is not responsible for your Personal Data that you provide to and/or collected by these sites.
- Whilst TANGS takes reasonable care to safeguard the Personal Data in our possession or control, there is always a risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions while the data is in motion. This is the inherent risk of all Internet or data transmission. As a result, TANGS cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit, and you transmit all information at your own risk.
- TANGS may collaborate with third party vendors located within the Stores and on TANGS.COM and as such, may have access to Personal Data collected by such third party vendors. Whilst TANGS cannot control or be responsible for the acts of these third party vendors, TANGS will treat all Personal Data which TANGS has access to in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
- When you browse TANGS' website, you generally do so anonymously. TANGS do not at our website automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- TANGS uses the Personal Data to provide you with Goods and Services, process payments, make deliveries, communicate with you about our stores, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and administering membership, loyalty and rewards programs (including TANGS Membership) and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. TANGS also uses this information to improve its Stores and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of its website and applications, for analytics and tracking, and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on its behalf.
- TANGS does not sell or rent your Personal Data to any third parties. Your personal information may be shared with current or future TANGS entities or subsidiaries, legal and financial institutions which will undertake to respect any individual's rights to privacy and in compliance with the Act.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal DataTANGS will not transfer any of your personal data outside of Singapore unless the transfer conforms to the requirements of the Act.
Security of Personal DataTANGS implements appropriate reasonable technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your Personal Data within our control or possession against loss and any unauthorised misuse, access, disclosure, alteration and other similar risk.
Security of Personal Data
- You can withdraw your consent to the continued use of your Personal Data to TANGS by contacting our Customer Service at (65) 6737 5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or login to your online account at www.tangs.com. There is no need to provide any reason for the withdrawal. Upon receipt of your notice of withdrawal, TANGS will cease to use your Personal Data as soon as practicable.
- TANGS implements appropriate reasonable technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your Personal Data within our control or possession against loss and any unauthorised misuse, access, disclosure, alteration and other similar risk.
Right to Access to Your Personal Data
- You may enquire as to whether TANGS has in possession or in control of your Personal Data and or the ways your Personal Data have been used or disclosed within a year before the date of the request. Any such request must be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer and an administrative fee may be imposed for such a request.
- Subject to the Act, TANGS may not be able to provide access to all of the Personal Data that it hold about you. For example, TANGS may not provide access to Personal Data if such provision could reveal Personal Data about another person, if such information is subject to legal privilege or if such provision will be contrary to national interest. If access to Personal Data cannot be provided, the reasons for denying access will be provided upon request, to the extent permitted under Laws.
Right to Accuracy and Correction of Personal Data
- You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Goods and Services you have requested.
- To the extent required by the Act, TANGS will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Personal Data it uses is sufficiently accurate and complete to minimize the possibility that incorrect Personal Data may be used to make a decision that impacts the person to whom the Personal Data relates, or if such Personal Data is likely to be disclosed to a third party. However, you acknowledge that there may be circumstances where TANGS is entitled to assume such accuracy and completeness, in accordance with Laws.
- You may correct any erroneous Personal Data held by TANGS by contacting our Customer Service at (65) 6737 5500 or email email@example.com or login to your online account at www.tangs.com. Any unresolved differences as to accuracy or completeness of Personal Data shall be noted in your records. Save as otherwise required under the Act, you may only correct any Personal Data which you have provided to TANGS. TANGS reserves the right to not correct Personal Data where permitted under the Act.
Retention of Your Personal DataPersonal data will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. TANGS will cease to retain the Personal Data or remove the means by which the Personal Data can be associated with particular individuals when it is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Law, Jurisdiction and LanguageThis Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
Contacting the Data Protection OfficerIf you have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or TANGS' Data Protection Policy, please contact C.K. Tang Limited as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Office of Data Protection
C.K. Tang Limited
310 Orchard Road
TANGS will acknowledge receipt of your query or request within 3 working days and will endeavour to resolve your query or request within 30 days from the date of submission. TANGS will inform you in writing if more time is required to investigate and respond to you.
As a matter of policy, we do not attend or respond to anonymous query or request.
2 July 2014
C.K. Tang Limited