C.K. TANG LIMITED
(Registration No. 196100023H)
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT an Extraordinary General Meeting of C.K. Tang Limited (the “Company”) adjourned by the Shareholders on 15 September 2011 will be held at RELC International Hotel, 30 Orange Grove Road, Level 5 (Room 507), Singapore 258352 on 27 October 2011 at 9.30 a.m., for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, passing the following resolution as a Special Resolution:
That pursuant to Article 51 of the Articles of Association of the Company, and subject to the confirmation of the High Court of the Republic of Singapore, the share capital of the Company be reduced from S$47,848,113.86 comprising 236,984,226 ordinary shares to S$42,149,988.96 comprising 232,601,053 ordinary shares, and that such reduction be effected by:
- cancelling the amount of S$5,698,124.90 constituting part of the total paid-up share capital of the Company held by all the shareholders of the Company (excluding Tang UnityThree LLP, Tang UnityTwo LLP, Kerith Holdings LLP and Tang Wee Kit), such shareholders holding in aggregate 4,383,173 of the said ordinary shares constituting part of the total issued share capital of the Company (the “Participating Shareholders”); and
- cancelling 4,383,173 of the said ordinary shares constituting part of the total issued share capital of the Company held by the Participating Shareholders,
and the aggregate sum of S$5,698,124.90 arising from such reduction of the share capital be returned to the Participating Shareholders, on the basis of S$1.30 for each ordinary share in the capital of the Company held by each Participating Shareholder so cancelled.”
By Order of the Board
Ernest Seow Teng Peng
Date: 27 September 2011
- A shareholder of the Company entitled to attend and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his behalf. A proxy need not also be a shareholder.
- The instrument appointing a proxy must be lodged at the registered office of the Company at 310 Orchard Road, Singapore 238864 not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for the Extraordinary General Meeting.
- A corporation which is a shareholder of the Company may by resolution of its directors or other governing body authorise such person as it thinks fit to act as its representative at the Extraordinary General Meeting in accordance with Section 179 of the Companies Act, Chapter 50 of Singapore.